Skip to main content

Why woman get depressed

They say it takes a village to raise a child ...

But why?

I am mom enough aren't I?  I can multitask like a boss and my kids have survived till now.

Yes we learn from each other and ask advise but I am more than capable.

But what if they said that it takes a village to make a mom ...

Back in the day woman were part of tribes and villages.  They would gather each morning with their children and go about their daily tasks. In between they would chat, laugh, cry.  every woman was still responsible for their own child and her own duties but everything they did they did together.

As a child I loved the idea of gypsies.  Every one traveling together, laughing next to the fire. Washing clothes in the river.  Off course later I would realize that its very frowned upon and most of them are criminals ...

Today mothers are expected to spend as much time as possible with our kids.  so we are  either stay at home moms, work from home moms or working moms trying to stretch their maternity leave as long as possible.  And though we all love our children to death it is not natural for a woman to exclude herself from society and just sit at home with baby.

Those first few days after birth that alone time is amazing.  You get to rest and bond with baby.Then those days turn into weeks.  Baby sleeps most of the time so you read a book or binge watch series.
You even start to enjoy soapies and infomercials.

Moms and tots classes were not created for the kids. LLL isnt based on baby to baby support. No it so that mom can put on a bra, brush her hair and get out of the house.

It is ok to get bored and frustrated just sitting at home with your baby ... it does not mean you love them any less.

Please find yourself a hobby, go have coffee with your friends, join a support group, host the book club do whatever to get out of the house.

Friends is a good cure for depression and loneliness

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby almost on the way ...

Now time is really flying! Only a few more weeks then we meet our baby girl. Getting a little nervous because baby is lying posterior, but like some one said its just another form of normal. But from what I read I really hope baby turns. With all that is going on complications is the last thing I need. Me and hubby discussed her name again, he wanted us to switch the two names so she is Callisa Carmin, luckily that day her baby bag arrived, which already had the name Carmin on. Mommy wins yay!

So what is the plan with all this unplanedness?

What a year, I am actually amazed I survived, then again its not over yet .... Pregnancy is so hard and it sucks! Now add a 3 year old who wants to rule the house and a very dependent almost 1 year old and you've got yourself a madhouse.  They wake up at 5 am with an energy level of a kizilion, always hungry. The one talks non stop while the other rolls down the tiolet paper, which he can now reach. There is toys and food everywhere, thank God for a maid every second day since my huge belly makes it a little hard to bend down at the moment. By 8 am before daddy is even awake Mister has to sleep again. And apparently there is nothing more satisfying than asking your mom 10 000 questions the more she tells you to please be quiet. Finally asleep the Madam is hungry AGAIN!! And oh we can be so very specific about what we want.  So now I have maybe an hour, Madam gets to watch one dvd. Do I take a bath or shower, do I get dressed, do I make myself breakfast or maybe just go lie down aga

Can't imagine doing anything else

I get that being a stay at home mom is not for everyone.   But for me it is my life’s fulfillment.   I can’t imagine myself doing or being anything else than a mom. I don’t miss working at all.   I get up in the morning and it excites me to know I’ll be spending my whole day with my children.   And let me tell you two small people can keep you very busy.   It’s not like I sit around and do nothing all day.   I play with them and stimulate their brains.   We go places and see things. We sure do have our lazy pajama days. But that is ok because we can do it together.   I’m so blessed to have a successful husband who supports us.   And who also supports me being at home.   We made the decision together and we know it is what’s best for us. Do family and friends always understand it? No not at all. But we love it and we are confident in our decision. My children mean everything to me, and in the end they are only my responsibility.   I can’t imagine giving my special gif