Skip to main content

Contraceptives … My opinion





So most of you know that I had Cara-Mia before I was married. The only contraceptive I used then was condoms. And if there wasn’t one handy well …. I did fall pregnant.

When me and Heine got married we didn’t even discuss contraceptives as we knew we wanted to start a family immediately.  After Ciane’s birth we started discussing a few things but I naively thought that if I breast feed exclusively we only have to start worrying when he is about six months.

Well before then I fell pregnant again.  Although I don’t regret having another baby the timing was a bit soon.  13 months difference is very small, they could be twins for that matter.

Any case this time I want to be more prepared. As soon as baby is out there has to be a plan.

In my ideal dream world we would follow natural family planning. Where I check when I ovulate and then don’t have sex on those days.  But being a busy stay at home mom I don’t even know my Monday from my Friday.  I never know what the date is.  I can’t even commit to saying I’ll check my temperature every day cause I’ll most probably forget.
The other problem with that is being a busy mom makes me pretty exhausted so when I do have the energy for sex I don’t want to check the calendar. 

Just before I got married I was on the pill for a month.  I bled that entire month. And yes I forgot to drink it quite a few times.  It also made me super moody.
All that aside, filling my body with so much extra hormones just doesn’t seem right.  You hear and read so many stories.  And then when you think about it what the difference between the pill and drugs are, it both effects your body negatively.

Then there is the Mirena and IUD’s … I might consider it but it is still all the extra hormones that I don’t want.  And I know there are people who get pregnant on all the contraceptives. But with this I personally know a few people who fell pregnant.

So what do I do, take everything out permanently? What if in 5 years I want another baby and then regret my decision. 

So I am considering getting my tubes tied.  Spoke to a few woman and they say it’s the most painful operation ever for a woman, and you take some time to heal.  But pain for the sake of my sanity doesn’t sound so bad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The birth of my babies

I have two amazing birth stories to share.   Both natural and unmedicated.   My stories make me proud, not only to be a mother but to be a woman.   It was Valentine’s Day 2010; I was 39 weeks pregnant with my first. I spend the whole day hoping this won't be a silly cliché love baby (I was single at the time).   So baby waited until 2am on the 15th. I woke up thinking I wet the bed, but as I got up and the water kept flowing, I knew it was time.   I grabbed my bags, woke my mother, and off we went.   We got to the birth centre about 02:30; the midwife checked me and decided I needed to get into the birth pool immediately.   Then the contractions started.   At first they weren't that bad, and I joked about them.   But they grew more intense, none the less I handled the pain very good.   By 5am I was so tired and just wanted to sleep.   I got into bed and immediately fell asleep.   By 7am I woke up in allot of pain, ...

Awesome news

. God wants to use me to help other woman and children, and I am reporting for duty. I feel so blessed and know God has a huge plan for us. At first I was shocked now I am over joyed!!! I am about 5 weeks pregnant with my third baby.  Every child is a huge gift from God.  I feel so honored to be given this huge responsibility.  I make so many mistakes every day but I know that He will always pick me up and put me back on track. I did not mention God in any of my previous posts, I thought i would keep religion out of it and just speak in general.  But I was wrong to do so, cause whithout his mercy I am nothing and I'm capable of nothing. My God is an awesome God and I need to speak up. 

The birth of Carmin Callisa (rewrite)

Carmin Callisa 19 December 2013 Unplanned planned assisted birth at home The first time I wrote this story wasn't very good. I think I was a little too negative to an overall positive birthing experience. Both my other births went smooth and quick in their own way. And I was about to experience something totally different than what I expected. Ciane (baby nr 2) was 4 months old, exclusively breastfed, when we found out I was pregnant. I have to share this we were away for the weekend with my parents and my oldest daughter, then 3 told my mother she is going to have a baby sister named Callisa. We all laughed and joked until I started getting sick on the Monday .. like morning sickness sick. So I had a three year old and a basically newborn, needless to say my pregnancy was a little more stressed and busy as apposed to the 9 months I basically spent in bed with the others. We decided we are going to have an unassisted home birth. We know the drill. Until w...