Skip to main content

Why woman get depressed

They say it takes a village to raise a child ...

But why?

I am mom enough aren't I?  I can multitask like a boss and my kids have survived till now.

Yes we learn from each other and ask advise but I am more than capable.

But what if they said that it takes a village to make a mom ...

Back in the day woman were part of tribes and villages.  They would gather each morning with their children and go about their daily tasks. In between they would chat, laugh, cry.  every woman was still responsible for their own child and her own duties but everything they did they did together.

As a child I loved the idea of gypsies.  Every one traveling together, laughing next to the fire. Washing clothes in the river.  Off course later I would realize that its very frowned upon and most of them are criminals ...

Today mothers are expected to spend as much time as possible with our kids.  so we are  either stay at home moms, work from home moms or working moms trying to stretch their maternity leave as long as possible.  And though we all love our children to death it is not natural for a woman to exclude herself from society and just sit at home with baby.

Those first few days after birth that alone time is amazing.  You get to rest and bond with baby.Then those days turn into weeks.  Baby sleeps most of the time so you read a book or binge watch series.
You even start to enjoy soapies and infomercials.

Moms and tots classes were not created for the kids. LLL isnt based on baby to baby support. No it so that mom can put on a bra, brush her hair and get out of the house.

It is ok to get bored and frustrated just sitting at home with your baby ... it does not mean you love them any less.

Please find yourself a hobby, go have coffee with your friends, join a support group, host the book club do whatever to get out of the house.

Friends is a good cure for depression and loneliness

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The birth of my babies

I have two amazing birth stories to share.   Both natural and unmedicated.   My stories make me proud, not only to be a mother but to be a woman.   It was Valentine’s Day 2010; I was 39 weeks pregnant with my first. I spend the whole day hoping this won't be a silly cliché love baby (I was single at the time).   So baby waited until 2am on the 15th. I woke up thinking I wet the bed, but as I got up and the water kept flowing, I knew it was time.   I grabbed my bags, woke my mother, and off we went.   We got to the birth centre about 02:30; the midwife checked me and decided I needed to get into the birth pool immediately.   Then the contractions started.   At first they weren't that bad, and I joked about them.   But they grew more intense, none the less I handled the pain very good.   By 5am I was so tired and just wanted to sleep.   I got into bed and immediately fell asleep.   By 7am I woke up in allot of pain, ...

Awesome news

. God wants to use me to help other woman and children, and I am reporting for duty. I feel so blessed and know God has a huge plan for us. At first I was shocked now I am over joyed!!! I am about 5 weeks pregnant with my third baby.  Every child is a huge gift from God.  I feel so honored to be given this huge responsibility.  I make so many mistakes every day but I know that He will always pick me up and put me back on track. I did not mention God in any of my previous posts, I thought i would keep religion out of it and just speak in general.  But I was wrong to do so, cause whithout his mercy I am nothing and I'm capable of nothing. My God is an awesome God and I need to speak up. 

The birth of Ciane Jacob (Rewrite)

The birth of Ciane Jacob 29 November 2012 Our unplanned unassisted birth I got married in 2011 and after attending two prenatal classes with my husband we both knew we wanted a homebirth. We found a midwife who was willing to assist us at home. Hired a birth pool. Got all the necessities.... Now this birth has a big back story ... My amazing mom, my rock, my hero's birthday is on 30 November. And since she turned 60 that year we planned a huge party with all her friends, and family and this party would take place on the morning of the 29th as it was the date that suited most people. Morning of 28 November. I some serious discharge going on down there, but we don't panic because we have a scheduled appointment at the midwife later that morning. She obviously also noticed the discharge and said it could be one of two things. Either I have a serious infection and need antibiotics or I am in labour. We said 100% no internal exams, that stuff freaks me out, it...